Dental implants are a great tooth replacement option, whether you need to replace a single tooth or a full mouth of missing teeth. They look, feel, and function like your own teeth. Visit the dental team of Stonecreek Dental Care to learn more about what we can do for you.Dr. Brian Mooney on Dental Implants Read Transcript
Dental implants, they're really for someone who has lost a tooth or multiple teeth. What it is, is a titanium screw. It sounds a lot scarier than what it is but it takes the place of the tooth root. After that heals and integrates into your bone we go pretty much the process of putting a crown or a toothlike structure on the implant and it will give you back the look of your tooth, the function and get you back into smiling and going around cheesing.
Thanks to our team of experienced dentists, you have lots of choices for your dental implant. They can be used with a variety of dental restorations, including dental crowns, dental bridges, or dentures.
With some dental options, you may even be able to get tooth replacements on the same day you get your dental implant!
To find out more about dental implants, call Stonecreek Dental Care at 877-959-5405 to schedule your appointment.
Dental Implants 101
A dental implant is a small but strong titanium rod that our dentists implant in your jawbone. The bone then grows around the implant, so it functions just like a replacement tooth root. We’ll attach a piece of hardware called an abutment to your dental implant, and then we’ll attach the restoration of your choice – a dental crown, bridge, or dentures – to the abutment.
Many Advantages of Dental Implants
One of the biggest advantages of dental implant is their natural look and feel. You may forget you even have them, and no one else will notice! Your brushing and flossing routine can stay the same, and you’ll be able to eat all of your favorite foods.
Other advantages include:
- No slippage. Because dental implants are embedded in your jaw, your teeth won’t shift or move in your mouth. No more messy adhesives to keep your teeth in place!
- Easy on surrounding teeth. Dental implants with crowns or bridges won’t affect your other teeth. We won’t need to modify your adjacent teeth, as we do for a conventional dental bridge.
- Better bone quality. Because a dental implant stimulates your jawbone much like your own teeth would, you’ll retain more bone density than you would with dentures or other tooth replacement options.
- Durability. With proper care, your dental implants should last a lifetime!
- Bite power. Thanks to their stability, you’ll enjoy 90 percent of your natural bite with dental implants.
Are Dental Implants Right For You?
The first step in determining if dental implants are right for you is a free consultation with our dental team. Several of our doctors have undergone extensive implantology training. They can answer all of your questions.
They’ll examine you using the latest dental technology, including:
- Digital X-rays
- High-powered microscopes
- Intraoral cameras
Among the factors our doctors will consider are:
- Dental problems we want to solve
- Your oral health
- Your overall health history
Pain-Free Implant Procedure
We’ll thoroughly numb your mouth with local anesthesia before your dental implant procedure. But if you’re nervous, our compassionate staff can relax you with dental sedation. We offer several different sedation options, one of which will be right for you.