Your dental exams are perhaps the most important service you’ll receive from Stonecreek Dental Care! Here is why:Dr. Sanders on Dental Cleanings and Dental Exams Read Transcript
The first visit of a patient is gonna be more, finding about them, what are their desire, what they want, what do they think they need. Obviously, we as dentist always think they need things different, than what they want. Sometimes, they may come in and say, 'I just want this one tooth fixed' and we as dentist will say, 'When you have that 20 other teeth that were really bad,' and they say, 'I just want this tooth fixed' So we need to kind of decide, for will say, 'tell them what they need, give them what they want' Because, the patient is our customer. We want to take care of them But the first visit is just informational. They maybe get the teeth cleaned, maybe they wont, depending on their desire. But we come in, we say, 'What can we do for you?' 'Tell us about your past dental history' find our what we can do for them today and we try to match up to their desires. It's a patient driven, it's not doctor driven.
- We proactively identify problems so we can quickly and easily resolve them. For example, we can repair a cavity with a simple tooth filling. But for more advanced decay, you might need a root canal or even a tooth extraction.
- It’s a good opportunity to ask our dentists any questions you might have, and we can make suggestions that help you improve your oral health.
- We thoroughly screen for serious health conditions such as oral cancer and perform biopsies if needed.
Visit a dental practice who takes your family’s dental exams seriously, call Stonecreek Dental Care at 877-959-5405.
Clean Teeth Are Healthy Teeth
Our skilled dental hygienists can reach areas of your mouth that you just can’t get to with your toothbrush and floss!
For example, bacteria collects in “pockets” below your gumline. Our dental hygienists will remove plaque and tartar from those tough-to-reach spots.
How to Have a Great Dental Exam
A dental exam isn’t a test you need to study for, of course! But there are some things you can do to ensure your exam goes well. Try following these suggestions:
- Brush and floss your teeth before your appointment. That will allow us to focus our efforts on areas that are more difficult to clean.
- Honestly answer our questions about your family medical history and your current dental care methods. Having complete information will help us give you the best treatment possible!
- Go ahead and schedule your next dental exam as you leave our dental office. We like to see you at least every six months, and proactively putting it on your calendar will ensure you don’t forget.
Ready to schedule your next dental exams and dental cleanings? Call Stonecreek Dental Care at 877-959-5405, or use our online form to schedule your appointment and help you keep your healthy oral hygiene.