Make Your Child's First Dental Visit Happy and Peaceful
You never have to wonder if Stonecreek Dental Care is a child-friendly place! From our toy machine, to our cookies in the waiting room, to the young faces in photos of our No Cavities Club, it’s clear that we welcome your youngest family members. Even our annual patient appreciation events are packed with perks for kids, like balloons, face painting, and carnival games. To visit our child-friendly Centerville, OH dental office, call Stonecreek Dental Care at 877-959-5405 to help your child’s first dental visit be a good experience for them.
First Dental Visit: What to Expect
We typically suggest bringing your child for their first dental visit around age 3. It is as much a time for us to get to know your child as it is to provide treatment. We want it to be the beginning of a great relationship with our dentists!
Upon their first visit, dental treatment may include:
- A gentle examination of your child’s teeth and gums
- Digital X-rays so we can look for signs of tooth decay and check the development of permanent teeth
- A gentle but thorough dental cleaning
- Application of fluoride to help prevent decay
We’ll also take the time to answer any questions you have and offer suggestions on caring for your child’s teeth.
Growing Up With Great Dental Care
Our dental team focus on educating your children about how to care for their teeth. They also offer general dentistry treatments like:
- Dental sealants to slow decay on hard-to-clean back teeth
- Fluoride treatments to prevent cavities
- Custom mouthguards to protect your child’s mouth during athletic activities
- Space maintainers to help ensure permanent teeth come in properly
Tips for Building Trust With Our Dentists
To help us build a positive relationship with your child, try these tips:
- Read books with them about dentists
- Talk to them about what will happen during their dental appointments
- Speak positively about your own experiences with the dentist
Call Stonecreek Dental Care Centerville, OH dental practice at 877-959-5405 to make an appointment for your child’s first dental visit with our team or use our online form to book at any of our locations.